Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC San Francisco is one of 22 regional offices in the United States that advances AJC’s global diplomatic advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, and establishes and nurtures community relationships.
The San Francisco region plays a particularly important role for AJC in many aspects of the organization’s work. San Francisco has the fourth largest Jewish population in the United States and hosts over seventy diplomatic missions. As a thriving innovation, business, academic and cultural destination, the Bay Area is a key region for building AJC’s strategic relationships.
The Coordinator for AJC San Francisco will provide essential support for our events, external communications, office maintenance, and needs of the Development Department. We are looking for a well-seasoned, determined and organized coordinator who can help with various functions – often simultaneously. The candidate must have professional acumen, agility, energy and be able to reliably handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment. The Coordinator must be a team player, helping staff members to create a fun, interdependent and successful internal structure as well as an atmosphere of platinum service for all AJC stakeholders.
The Administrative Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
General Office Support
· Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of related experience;
· Skilled, detail oriented and knowledgeable about best practices for data entry and management, keeping apace of reporting trends for tracking regional office progress and success;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and diplomacy;
· Well-developed professional and time management skills;
· Enjoyment and experience event planning overseeing all stages of development and implementation;
· Strong attention to prioritization and follow-through;
· Positive attitude and team player who also relishes working with independent initiative;
· Passion for the mission of AJC;
· Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values;
· Computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint, and Sphere and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising or CRM platforms; i.e. Salesforce;
· Ability and eagerness to learn new programs, apps and platforms is a must;
· Technical software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, financial accounting software, etc.).
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.