Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The National Events Department is responsible for overseeing event operations and logistics for AJC’s Global Forum, Board of Governors meetings, Leadership Development and Board Engagement Institutes, and National Development events such as the National Leadership Council Fly In and Anniversary Missions. Each of these initiatives is designed and executed for current and prospective lay leaders to actively engage in AJC’s advocacy work. Through these events, the National Events Department serves to raise awareness of AJC’s programmatic work, involve and develop lay leadership, and enhance understanding of and commitment to the agency’s priorities.
This National Events team member provides event production and logistics expertise in the planning and execution of all National events for AJC. Responsibilities are centered on leading event management and logistics projects from conception to completion, managing fixed budgets and timelines, vendor negotiations and problem-solving unique project challenges.
A successful candidate in this position must have strong skills in communications, project management, event coordination and execution, and excellent attention to detail. This individual must work collaboratively on a team and as an individual.
The Assistant Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
· Provide strategic event management; coordinating logistics and operations. Experience with developing, clarifying scope of projects, budgets, and schedules based on objectives. Tasks include: site logistics, budget, list and data management (rooming lists), contract negotiation, vendor relations and onsite supervision.
· Manage Kosher Food and Beverage programs from planning to onsite supervision in coordination with the Director.
· Manage event budgeting, including payment authorization, invoice follow up and reconciliation.
· Review contracts for hotels, restaurants, and other venues, as well as, supplier contracts for event related services.
· Research and work with external vendors to manage special projects.
· Manage ground transportation services during events.
· Plan services for events such as special needs requirements and event security.
· Support post-event activities including debrief memos and creating an event archive.
· Assist with set-up and break-down of events, as well as onsite production as necessary.
· Manage and update multi-year conflict of event calendar for use agency wide in planning.
· Strong knowledge of new, unique and cutting-edge trends, and event design, and inclination/ability to make recommendations and explore new opportunities.
· Excellent, professional onsite presence, briefings and management to ensure that the onsite team is always maximized.
· Special projects as assigned.
· · Experience managing multiple events of varying scale and scope simultaneously and experience of managing complex budget.
· 5-7 years of pertinent experience.
· BA degree required.
· Must have high attention to detail and customer service skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work across multiple teams, internally and externally, to complete event related tasks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
· Must possess sound judgement, business savviness and discretion.
· Candidate must be flexible with working some nights and weekends and traveling to multiple events within a year.
· Must have knowledge of Cvent and relevant event software. Cvent certification is a plus.
· Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) credentials a plus.