Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the
well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and
democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish
advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for
our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders
in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office
of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices
across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with
Jewish communities worldwide concerns of Jewish communities around the globe.
identify, collect, organize, manage, and analyze information on donors and
potential donors of strategic importance to AJC in order to enhance the ability
of lay leaders, AJC’s CEO, Development staff, and other solicitors to
successfully acquire support for activities and programs and determine
prospects’ relationship to AJC. The individual does all this while adhering to
AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Conduct proactive research focused on lead generation in
order to enhance the pool of prospective donors and further the fund
raising priorities and goals of AJC.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, organize and evaluate
information from a variety of sources (electronic and print) to determine
the financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and relationship to AJC of
the highest-level donors and prospects
- Work with Development colleagues to develop and
implement moves management policies and procedures to keep all active
portfolios up to date and prioritized. Use Raiser’s Edge to support
prospect moves management and assure that a dynamic prospect pipeline
- Devise strategies for obtaining new prospects in order
to ensure the ongoing development, expansion, and renewal of the prospect
data base and pipeline. Identify, organize, and maintain prospect information
files, both electronic and paper.
- Establish and organize regular prospect review meetings
for staff and lay leaders in order to manage AJC's prospect pipeline and
- Oversee wealth screening activities of major prospects
and maintain guidelines for best practices for wealth management.
Personal Qualifications and Core
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in building,
managing or conducting prospect research. Proven understanding of how a
prospect management program is integrated into the Development function.
- Demonstrate competence in a variety of computer
applications, including database, spreadsheet and word processing
programs. Knowledge of Raiser’s
Edge (or similar system) required, especially use of a prospect management
function. Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, a plus.
- Familiarity with standard prospect research tools such
as business directories and internet resources. Experience with Lexis-Nexis,
WealthEngine, Relsci, Hoovers, Guidestar, FC Search and other on-line
- Familiarity with financial terms, concepts, and markets,
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to
detail and the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of
assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to
detail and follow through.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and
- Resourceful and independent, but comfortable working
within the framework of an integrated Development program and
team-oriented environment. Ability to work with and support fund raising
staff to identify and respond to prospect information needs.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet
- Familiarity and appreciation of AJC’s mission and goals.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
appropriately and with discretion.
- Proactive in anticipating and seeking out information
related to the immediate priorities of the Development office.
- Must have a sense of initiative and inquisitiveness
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/prospect-research-associate-nyc-2017/