Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.AJC's Houston Office seeks an Assistant Development Director who is passionate about AJC's mission, and is committed to building AJC's presence in Houston.
The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is on a growth trajectory and features a highly engaged and entrepreneurial leadership team committed to advancing AJC's global Jewish advocacy mission. AJC Houston conducts advocacy with high-profile diplomats and public officials, via the media, and through building bridges of understanding between the Jewish community and many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with knowledge of the Houston Jewish community as well as the larger philanthropic and corporate sectors. The candidate must be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Assistant Development Director in Houston will be responsible for maintaining and growing its annual campaign with particular emphasis on major gifts, community and special events (including corporate dinners), planned giving, foundation grants, endowment support, new leadership development, and campaign public relations.
The Assistant Development Director does all of this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Working closely with the Regional Director to organize and manage AJC Houston's annual campaign.
- Developing strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions.
- Expanding donor identification, tracking, cultivating, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Connecting local lay leaders with both local and national AJC opportunities, such as donor recognition societies, global travel opportunities, the United Nations Diplomatic Marathon in NY and Regional Diplomatic Marathon, Project Interchange, AJC's annual Global Forum in Washington, D.C. and more.
- Overseeing the management of gift entry and donor info into national database.
- Educating donors on the meaningfulness of solicitation, while also educating them on Overseeing one corporate and one Jewish community (in-house) dinner.
- Designing and implementing strategic donor recognition events
- Overseeing regional outreach and email/snail mail appeals.
- Maintaining and soliciting an ongoing pipeline of prospects and annual donors
- Managing AJC's nominations and leadership cultivation efforts
- Coordinating with National staff to ensure effective marketing to donor community
- Coordinating with local program staff to ensure donors are engaged and aware of AJC's impact.
- Performing other tasks needed to support overall office effectiveness
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to Israel and AJC's mission and priority areas. The best candidate will be an experienced development professional with planning and management skills and proven track record of fund raising success with significant experience in corporate and special events, donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship.
Specifically, the finalist will meet the following criteria:
- Passion for AJC's mission
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters desired
- 6-8 years of proven track record of successful fundraising
- Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A track record in conducting personal fundraising solicitations including major gifts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer leadership;
- Experienced in developing board members and increasing their level of participation in the fundraising process;
- Flexible and creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, create new giving opportunities and programs;
- Flexibility with schedule (occasional morning, evening and weekends)
- Must be proficient in Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office (or is a proven quick learner)
- Familiarity with the Houston area and demographics is a plus.
- A sense of humor
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/assistant-development-director-houston-2017/